Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I lost my book of dreams

I saw the remnants of a car wreck. The road curved, but the skid marks went straight. Bits of plastic pieces and broken mirrors scattered the ground. The skid marks were out of place, but clearly a warning. An imminent warning, somebody did, or is about to crash.

But as I looked closer, I saw a series of tracks, or rails. The tracks were a network, not to get from point a to point b, but in a maze (like tire tracks in the snow). It's one of those Trust Building Team Exercises, but something still looks odd. To my right, just beyond the skid marks is a ramp going down and away from me. The skid marks appear to cross the tracks at the top of the ramp, as if someone did not want to go down the hill.

I see the people from the group I met with last night, specifically the men, I only noticed one of the women. They all are laughing and conversing, I feel their happiness, we act as though we haven't seen the "accident" scene.

But then I notice one more thing, about the tracks; they are the kind that suspend from the ceiling, I've seen it on TV, you dangle from the top, and push yourself around the racetrack, I don't know how to describe it, but then I realize the one detail, a very odd detail. My world/perspective is upside down. So what I see as standing on the ground is actually hanging from the ceiling. While the skid marks are on what I see as the ground, they are on what most would see as the ceiling. the people around me are dressed in harnesses that hold them up, I see as stands (like the center piece of an office chair with wheels).

At first it was "just one of those dreams", but as I came out of the sleepy stupor, I began to realize I had to write it down, then the TIME confirmed it. I could not find my notebook where I keep my dreams. As time passed, I became even more desperate, and more clear I needed to write it down; I turned to this medium.

No fancy pictures, though I wish you could see what I saw. Only words that describe what I think I saw in my sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment