Good timing is what makes the comedian funny, it can make you feel like you're lucky, and helps us get to work on time when we've hit the snooze bar one too many times.
Bad timing seems to make everyone grumpy, and it seems to get worse.
But then, what about neutral timing? You know when things just happen as they happen... Today's airport observations leave me chuckling once again.
Four people stood out to me today....
1. the TSA guy, Ken, randomly picked my bag to check, while he checked it for GSR, or whatever new thing they're looking for this week, we had a pleasant conversation... pretty basic, but pleasant.
2. the coffee guy, Steve, was cheerful. not overly peppy for this early morning, but not blurry eyed either... I feel blurry eyed.
3. the lady in front of me in the coffee line, I don't know her name, but her partners name was Jim... not realizing that someone might be in close proximity behind her, she decided to turn and ask Jim if he'd like a muffin with the morning libations... yeah, I was right there... all of a sudden face-to-face with a lady yelling at Jim, who was seated on the other side of the terminal... it is at those times I wish I had a quick comment.. like, would you like some gum?
4. the airport cleaning lady, I watched as she vacuumed the floor, moving through her tasks unnoticed by the other morning travelers. Just as she looked up, I flashed one of my good morning how are you smiles.... and I noticed she just rolled her eyes. Actually, she is the inspiration for this blog... you see, at first, I thought she was rolling her eyes at me, but shortly after that, I saw her reach down and plug in her vacuum cleaner...again. as she moved through the fifty foot area of duty, her vacuum had come unplugged about 3 times.... in a short time. her eyes were merely an indication of her frustration with her tools... I really don't think she even noticed me.... and that was one of my best "how ya doing today?" smiles.
I hope your travels today bring sunshine and like a small spattering of rain cools us off and brings refreshing, I hope you have some good timing.
Blessings
No comments:
Post a Comment