It started with a friendly TSA agent… yah I know, I coulbn’t believe it either; but it was true. Followed by my normal friendly Coffee People libation.
But something more subtle caught my attention; two dad’s with their daughters. The moving walk way was the fascination of the younger set… she was about one, and dropped something on the carpet behind her dad… as he bent down to get it, she ran with great speed and a squeal of accomplishment toward the walkway next to mine…. She almost made it to her goal before being whisked up by his protective arms.
The second set was a bit older. They shared a good relationship, and looked like they were on an adventure to fly somewhere together. They were in a light-hearted conversation and smiling at everyone who gave them a greeting. My plane was boarding and I lost track of them for a short time.
Somewhere in this boarding process, my ticket got upgraded, and I was put in first class…. Which is always a great treat. But I got to see the character of many in my front row perch. The dad and daughter team were close to the end of the boarding line, and they looked into the cockpit as they went by… Dad says, “that looks complicated”, the daughter’s reply made me smile as she sounded like a humble expert that had logged many hours in the left seat….”It’s easy if you know what you’re doing.”
-- indeed.
Yes, I enjoyed the flight. Armed with these new observations, and a song in my heart, I finished a book that I’ve had for years. Now I need to take its words to heart and apply the principles.
My day started well, how about yours?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Aw, the simplicity of life, you have to enjoy every single moment, but don't always do it. Thanks for sharing Mike, well said.
ReplyDelete