Saturday, May 8, 2010

Fun Family Friday!


It started at 12:15am, my dad picked me up from the train station, from there we went home, to the place I grew up....or at least spent my teenage years. Mom was there, and of course she had food waiting for us, she thinks I look too thin. We talked of things that were keeping them busy and then all agreed that we should go to bed because we had an early morning scheduled....sleep comes easy, but saying good night takes forever.

We made it out and on the road at 7am, stopped by to get breakfast and say "hey" to an old friend...most of our friends work at food places, and the friends that don't work there will meet us there. Traffic was smooth, we made it to our first destination fairly quickly. We picked up "aunt" Pauline, and began our adventure for the day. as we headed north, we spoke of friends, family, and places we've seen, we'd like to see, and the adventures of other family members. there were only four of us in the car...but it sounded like the Thanksgiving table, it was good to get caught up and felt like I'd visited each of them personally.

We arrived at our destination for the day, an hour early...the beautiful resort town of Sandpoint, ID. we spent some more time talking in the middle of the sidewalk...and trapped others into joining our conversations as they meandered through our little gauntlet...everyone seemed to have the time and enjoyed our little circle, eventually we split up, mom and Pauline were on a shopping adventure...dad and I content to look in the windows of most shops...we found a place called "Mad Mike's Coffee Shop"...now really they had me at the door, but any place that has "Mike" in the name has got to be cool...and they were. Marcia is the owner and lead Barista...she introduced us to "Mike"...He is a cat that has a face that looks like he is mad all the time...but he's really fairly nice...for a cat. More new friends to add to our foodie collection! The coffee was excellent!

At this point, it was time to meet the guy that was the inspiration for the whole trip...dad and I went to see a guy about buying an SUV...while normally not an exciting topic, we were pleasantly surprised. and the deal went fairly easily. "Exhausted" from our car deal (not really), we found a place for lunch...Jallepeno's in Sandpoint. I immediately made friends with a guy at the front door, just being nice and taking as he entered...turns out he was the manager or owner of the place, which turned to my favor when it was time for the bill...you see I made my case with him saying that I can't argue with my parents very easy, and I really wanted to treat them, but they always figure out a way to steal the bill....he obliged, and at the end I was able to treat them to lunch.


It was soon time to be on the road again, so I said my goodbyes in Sandpoint, and set my sights to the sunset, heading for home..my real home in Salem...but there is one catch, there's a new grandbaby that lives in Moses Lake, and she is almost on the way home. So I swung through, to say Hey and give kisses...I got to wake her up from a nap, feed her, and get a burp! I got to give her back about the time her diaper was full. and yeas back on the road..this time I am headed for home...You see, not only was my Honey waiting for me there, but our other set of grandkids came to visit...I pulled in my driveway at 11:30 pm, and got to visit with everyone who showed up....we stayed up talking and playing...oh what fun!

It was a full day...I used up every minute of it...I loved it, and yet, still feel like I could've squeezed a few more seconds out of it. My calendar will soon reflect more of these little get-aways to see family, for no apparent reason....I'll rest next week. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment