June 9, 1985...it didn't really start then, but that's the day we started counting. I had just finished Basic training with the Air Force, spent the previous day flying home, and had to cram a wedding, honeymoon, and paperwork into a normal sized weekend.It's kind of funny, all our family stories begin with me either just getting home, preparing to leave, or on the road...This anniversary won't be any different...actually, I don't have a cue how to do all that fancy party and celebration stuff, so I compensate by traveling the world.
Our dream is to fly to Venice, spend a few days, go on a Eastern Mediterranean Cruise, visit the Pyramids in Cairo, and visit the Holy Lands...of course, there are quite few more places that we put on list, but the biggest part of our dream is to do these together, with friends and family would be a bonus.
How did we get here? it's more than a commitment, there have been times we could've called it quits. It's more than a choice, I've made my share of poor choices along the way...merely based on convenience. It's closer to covenant, it's bigger than just the two of us, and it's more than we could conger up on our own. You can call it fate, destiny or chance; but it is even bigger than that. You see, I know that we have been chosen by God to be together. God has had His hand in our marriage from before we even knew each other. You might think that sounds like a fairy tale, but it's true.
This weekend, our kids are planning to visit us, and we'll do the celebration thing that they do so well. I will certainly relish this time, as well as each morning that I get to wake up next to my Honey...and the mornings that I end up on the road? those are the days I wish I was home, or she was with me, but I know that she'll be waiting for my return.
No comments:
Post a Comment