Tuesday, April 21, 2009
The Red Carpet
My flight left at 8:00 am this morning, and as usual, I was a little bit early. I love watching people, especially at the airport...(I've often wondered if anyone is watching me?). Today I was attentive to the red carpet that is right next to the "common" aisle. A single ribbon gate separates the two aisles, and they lead to the same ticket agent. I started the day just a mere 200 miles from attaining "status" with this particular airline, and my first leg of the flight was 956 miles, I knew by the end of the day I could walk on the red carpet. Will trumpets blair? will there be a fanfare? will I get an extra bag of peanuts? all the questions that flood a newbies mind. But as I watched the masses board my flight, I realized there was no difference between the left or right lanes, except this red carpet. However, if you were not "of status" you could not walk on the red carpet aisle. But the ones that did have status could board anytime they wanted, cut in front of other passengers, and walk with their nose a little higher in the air....all things I am looking forward to once I reach the status level.....NOT. just some musings as I sit waiting for my next flight....the trumpets aren't even warming up yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment