We each have nicknames that we have been given over the years. some stick, some pass in a season. My dad and mom named me Michael, but my friends call me Mike, and fewer people, like my grandma and and some close friends, can get away with calling me Mikey. My dad wanted my name to be Cornelius Norton Wheaton....(Corn N Wheat Field). Yeah, I am glad mom won that discussion.
I played a part in our church one time, my stage name was Dusty...it stuck for a while with a few people...long enough to get an email. Just after being credentialed as a pastor, the name, Pastor Mike-the SEQUEL...because I was the second mike to become a Pastor at that church. Then, when I was accepted as a Chaplain for Spokane County, the name Chap kinda stuck. Combining them, I got Chap Dusty.
But, there are some names that carry more weight than others. Dad, Daddy, and Grandpa(papa to be exact), are names that can turn my world around...there are three little girls that can say those names, in a certain way, that makes me do whatever they want.
It is amazing what happens when someone calls you by name....but then again, is it the name that matters, or is it the relationship that the one who is calling, that makes the difference?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment